This position has been filled
We are on the lookout for a passionate, outgoing, go-getter type journalist to join our online publication, Pain Resource. In addition to being a natural storyteller, the successful applicant must demonstrate an ability to research health trains (particularly with regard to chronic pain), write news articles, create feature stories, and conduct interviews with topic experts.
The fearless candidates for this job should possess talent and enthusiasm for reporting on health care, illnesses, real-life stories, and creating a position that takes this unique journalism opportunity to the next level. To excel in this role, you should be friendly, self-motivated, and have exceptional written and verbal communication skills.
The perfect applicant will be knowledgeable about chronic illnesses and/or interested in learning about different chronic health issues and how they affect individuals. This position is ideal for someone looking for a chance to spread reliable, evidence-based information to people with chronic illnesses and disabilities.
You will work closely with our Social Media Manager to use our community and find real-life stories while also seeking interviews with influencers, doctors, athletes, and celebrities.
We offer a fun, but hard-working environment that is filled with co-working synergy. We are a small team, which means that your work will be highly visible, and you will have the support of the team while carrying out the responsibilities of this role.
- Write health articles regarding new and current health trends
- Be willing to interview experts in the health field and people affected by chronic pain
- Keep tracks of current health trends and the latest research surrounding chronic pain and current events
- Pitch creative story ideas and occasionally work with freelancers to execute those ideas
- Review and edit the work of guest blog posts
- Bachelor’s degree in Journalism, Communications, English, or relevant field
- 1-5 years of journalistic experience
- 1-5 years of professional writing experience
- Capable of maintaining an ethical and objective standard in reporting
- Ability to meet deadlines and accurately fact-check information
- Excellent observation and judgment skills
- Superb communication and networking skills, along with an aptitude to effectively extract information
- Some SEO knowledge is preferred, but not strictly required for the right applicant
- This is a full-time position with a minimum of 40 hours per week with regular working hours of 8:30 am to 5:00 pm
- Full health and dental benefits available after 90 days, as well as paid time off and sick days
- 401k plan with vesting schedule when eligible
We are a drug-free workplace and equal opportunity employer.
NOTE: We are currently working remotely but plan on returning to our offices in Tampa and Brooksville once it is safe to do so.
To apply, please fill out the form below and attach your resume
Accepted files types: .pdf .doc .docm .docx .docx .dot .odt .rtf .wps