When the summer heat is too hot to handle, cool off with this ginger mint lemonade recipe.
This Ginger Mint Lemonade recipe is packed full of flavor. More importantly, it contains antioxidants. Antioxidants neutralize free radicals and stop them from attacking the cells. Antioxidants play a role in health maintenance. They are molecules which can safely interact with free radicals and terminate the chain reaction before vital molecules are damaged.This one will not disappoint! Drink it yourself on a hot day, or serve to guests at a summer gathering.
Ginger Mint Lemonade
- 1/2 cup (packed) fresh mint leaves chopped
- 1/3 cup fresh ginger chopped
- 1/3 cup honey
- 2 cups water boiling
- 1/3 cup fresh lemon juice
- 1 1/2 cups cold water
- ice cubes
- fresh mint leaves
- lemon slices
- Combine chopped mint, ginger, and honey in medium bowl.
- Add boiling water. Let steep 30 minutes.
- Strain into 4-cup glass measuring cup, pressing on solids to extract liquid. Add lemon juice and enough cold water to measure 4 cups total.
- Pour into a pitcher, cover and refrigerate. This can be made a day in advance. Keep in refrigerator until ready to serve.
- When ready to serve, fill glasses with ice cubes. Add lemonade. Garnish with mint leaves and lemon slices. Take a sip and enjoy the flavor and the health benefits!