It’s made in your slow cooker, makes your house divinely fragrant, and tastes absolutely amazing! – Spiced Warm Apple Cider
Spiced, Warm Apple Cider
- 1 Slow Cooker
- 10 apples
- 1 orange sliced and peel removed
- ½ tbsp whole cloves
- 1 whole nutmeg
- 1/2 tsp pimento seeds / whole all spice
- 3 cinnamon sticks
- 10 cups filtered water
- 1/2 Cup Wholesome Organic Honey depending on the sweetness level you enjoy OR Agave Nectar- ¾ cup
- Roughly chop the apples, and cut the orange (peel removed) into quarters. Add to your slow cooker along with all the spices and the filtered water. Stir to combine and turn your slow cooker on for 7-8 hours on low heat or 4 hours on high heat.
- One hour before your spiced apple cider is ready, using a potato masher, mash all of the fruits. They should be very soft and easy to mash. Mash until all the fruits are mashed. Add the Wholesome Organic Honey at this point. If you like it barely sweet, you can add the ½ cup. If you like it on the sweeter side, but not overly sweet, you can add ¾ cup. You can always add more later.
- Allow the cider to cook for the last hour, and then strain. We like to double strain it (strain once, then repeat the process) using a fine meshed sieve, and you can also use a cheesecloth for added precision.
- Serve warm and enjoy! You can freeze this recipe for several months to enjoy all winter long.Serve warm and enjoy! You can freeze this recipe for several months to enjoy all winter long.
What are your thoughts on this Recipe?
Let us know in the comments below!
What topics should we cover next?
Email us your ideas at firstname.lastname@example.org!
Wan to add your recipe to the community?