Fibromyalgia is a painful, chronic condition that’s characterized by widespread musculoskeletal pain that’s often accompanied with fatigue, sleep, memory and mood issues. Unfortunately there isn’t a miracle diet for people with fibromyalgia; however, the foods that we eat and our levels of activity have a significant impact on our overall health. Eating a healthy, nutritious diet and maintaining a healthy weight boost your immune system and place less stress on the body. Give your body a boost with these anti-inflammatory fibromyalgia recipes:
Avocado Egg Toast Recipe for Fibromyalgia
Avocado Egg Toast
- 1 avocado (use preferred amount)
- 1-2 eggs
- 1 slice organic whole grain bread
- salt and pepper
- red pepper flakes optional
- fresh lime juice optional
- Put your bread in the toaster, and mash up the avocado while you’re waiting for your toast. Spread the avocado on your toast once it’s ready.
- Cook your egg(s) to your liking – we recommend hard-boiled, poached or over easy. Place the cooked egg(s) on top of the avocado spread.
- Add salt, pepper, red pepper flakes and lime juice for flavoring.
Turmeric Soup Recipe
- 1 Tbsp coconut oil
- 1 knuckle ginger cut into slices
- 1 knuckle turmeric cut into slices
- 4 cups sodium-free vegetable broth
- 2 stalks scallions chopped
- protein of choice chicken, tofu, etc.
- Preheat pan to medium heat.
- Add coconut oil, sliced ginger and turmeric to pan.
- Meanwhile, in a separate pot, bring vegetable broth to a boil.
- Reduce heat of vegetable broth and add ginger and turmeric.
- Cool, then add chopped scallions.
- If you’d like, add protein such as chicken or tofu.
Coconut-Blueberry Smoothie Recipe
- 8 oz coconut water or coconut milk
- 1 banana peeled
- 1 cup blueberries frozen or fresh
- 1 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 2 cups fresh baby spinach
- Mix everything in your blender and enjoy!
Do You Know any Fibromyalgia Recipes You Would Like To Share?
Share in the comments below!