Fibromyalgia is a painful, chronic condition that’s characterized by widespread musculoskeletal pain that’s often accompanied with fatigue, sleep, memory and mood issues. Unfortunately there isn’t a miracle diet for people with fibromyalgia; however, the foods that we eat and our levels of activity have a significant impact on our overall health. Eating a healthy, nutritious diet and maintaining a healthy weight boost your immune system and place less stress on the body. Give your body a boost with these anti-inflammatory fibromyalgia recipes:
Avocado Egg Toast
- 1-2 eggs
- 1 slice organic whole grain bread (or gluten free bread)
- salt and pepper (to taste)
- red pepper flakes (optional, to taste)
- fresh lime juice (optional, to taste)
- Put your bread in the toaster, and mash up the avocado while you’re waiting for your toast. Spread the avocado on your toast once it’s ready.
- Cook your egg(s) to your liking – we recommend hard-boiled, poached or over easy. Place the cooked egg(s) on top of the avocado spread.
- Add salt, pepper, red pepper flakes and lime juice for flavoring.
Recipe courtesy of I Love Herbalism.
- 1 Tbsp coconut oil
- 1 knuckle ginger, cut into slices
- 1 knuckle turmeric, cut into slices
- 4 cups sodium-free vegetable broth
- 2 stalks of scallions, chopped
- Protein of choice (optional, chicken, tofu or another protein)
- Preheat pan to medium heat.
- Add coconut oil, sliced ginger and turmeric to pan.
- Meanwhile, in a separate pot, bring vegetable broth to a boil.
- Reduce heat of vegetable broth and add ginger and turmeric.
- Cool, then add chopped scallions.
- If you’d like, add protein such as chicken or tofu.
- 8 ounces coconut water or coconut milk
- 1 banana, peeled
- 1 cup blueberries
- 1 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 2 cups fresh baby spinach
Mix everything in your blender and enjoy!