Fibromyalgia is a painful, chronic condition that’s characterized by widespread musculoskeletal pain that’s often accompanied with fatigue, sleep, memory and mood issues. Unfortunately there isn’t a miracle diet for people with fibromyalgia; however, the foods that we eat and our levels of activity have a significant impact on our overall health. Eating a healthy, nutritious diet and maintaining a healthy weight boost your immune system and place less stress on the body. Give your body a boost with these anti-inflammatory fibromyalgia recipes:
Avocado Egg Toast
Avocado Egg Toast
- 1 avocado (use preferred amount)
- 1-2 eggs
- 1 slice organic whole grain bread
- salt and pepper
- red pepper flakes optional
- fresh lime juice optional
Put your bread in the toaster, and mash up the avocado while you’re waiting for your toast. Spread the avocado on your toast once it’s ready.
Cook your egg(s) to your liking – we recommend hard-boiled, poached or over easy. Place the cooked egg(s) on top of the avocado spread.
Add salt, pepper, red pepper flakes and lime juice for flavoring.
Recipe courtesy of I Love Herbalism.
- 1 Tbsp coconut oil
- 1 knuckle ginger cut into slices
- 1 knuckle turmeric cut into slices
- 4 cups sodium-free vegetable broth
- 2 stalks scallions chopped
- protein of choice chicken, tofu, etc.
Preheat pan to medium heat.
Add coconut oil, sliced ginger and turmeric to pan.
Meanwhile, in a separate pot, bring vegetable broth to a boil.
Reduce heat of vegetable broth and add ginger and turmeric.
Cool, then add chopped scallions.
If you’d like, add protein such as chicken or tofu.
- 8 oz coconut water or coconut milk
- 1 banana peeled
- 1 cup blueberries frozen or fresh
- 1 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 2 cups fresh baby spinach
Mix everything in your blender and enjoy!